Friday 12 October 2012

FLIRT AND DIE HAPPY? ARE YOU SURE?


I read a post on flirting and dying happy (read the blog) and it spurred lots of thoughts with in me. I’m not a boyhorlic flirt but I’m also not frigid or made of stone so these members of RMS (rare male species) also catch my eye once and again but I try to keep myself focused on what’s important i.e. anything other than boys. But once in a while I find myself in a situation where I’m considering a relationship with a guy. Being from a family full of over achievers and people who never mess in life is a very hard task. My mum has brought me up to believe that there is no reason to kiss 100 frogs but instead wait for prince charming which is her nice way of saying no dating or relationships till you are done with your first degree. My sister lives faithfully by the code and I also lived very faithfully till some few weeks ago where I’ve really considered a relationship despite the fact that I’ve not even started my first degree(ironic huh?).

I have a really close guy pal whom we agree on basically everything from movies, animations, video games, music and even YouTube clips. Ideally I’m a bit boyish so it came kind of easy being around him and with time he developed some romantic feelings for me and stupid him decided to declare them! I almost had a heart attack! You know one of those moments when you are so sure you are going to faint if someone removed the chair from under you. Yea I got one of those moments.


Laying him down slowly. Damn there is nothing like that in this world. You either break his heart or keep leading him on there is no middle ground where you drop him without breaking his heart. Him being a very close thing to my heart put me between a rock and a hard place because ideally I would just tell him ‘hell to the no’ but he was important to me so that wasn’t an option. I decided then to settle for the elusive laying him down slowly and it failed dramatically because he still sends me those corny “I love you” texts that really spook me out.

When you are close with someone, conversation comes easy, such that “I love you” reply “I love you”, “I liked seeing your face today in class” reply “really? It was good seeing you too” and before you know it it has become full-blown flirting and I’m wondering what the hell I’m doing because I just told the guy no but I’m still shamelessly flirting with him. That’s when I tried to find a loophole through my mom’s code. It forbade relationships and “love” not flirting, but still sometimes I find myself preparing an apology for my pal since I’m leading him and stringing him on something that will never happen.

As I type this I’m asking myself ‘flirt and die happy?’ if it’s supposed to be so easy to do why do I feel like a fulltime intercosmic whore?

Oh I’m Velma by the way, the unqualified flirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment