Friday 12 October 2012

IS THE OTHER SIDE REALLY GREENER?


If the grass on the other side is greener, turn your sprinkler on or till with manure.

Ok so I’m new to the game of putting up events of my life on the World Wide Web for strangers to read and comment on and ideally I don’t have the most interesting of lives to blog about so as I was sitting around today I decided to do something absurd and blog about it. Being in the blogging game really challenges one to spice up their lives. I mean I’ve even considered bungee jumping or some other super dangerous sport so that I can blog about it when I survive, I think that should be if I survive.

So I got home from school prepared some quick noodles and got down to my poem book perusing through the inspiring, controversial and passionate words given to us by the likes of Emily Dickinson, A E Housman, William butler Yeats etcetera the list is endless, when my phone shrilled. I opened the text from a guy friend I met at campus while arranging an ICT conference almost a month earlier and replied in the jovial way I always reply to all my texts.

So I told him about my passion for the arts and literature to be precise and he was like ‘that’s nice you really like literature’ and I’m like ‘you have no clue. So what are you passionate about?’ and he is like ‘I’m passionate about lots of things but to be brief les just say life, sex, videogames, movies and sports.’ Ideally I’m not a flirt so it doesn’t come easy and whenever I feel it coming I stop it right where it is but at that moment I saw blogging material so I went on with his flow. He asked me some questions about my sex life and I slipped into character.

‘I like sex; no in fact I love it. Of late I have not been having enough of it since I have lots of school work but other than that I can even pay for it’! According to him that’s the kind of person I am. You can bet on the fact that that was a stupid move, but for once I wanted to live on the other side. I have forever been living on the good girl lane and for that brief moment I wanted to feel how life on the fast lane really feels like. I wanted to understand this crash course life where sex and love don’t come in one package and I’m guessing that if I stay around I’ll definitely learn it the hard way. Keep on keeping up with my blog and you shall know how bitter this will turn out.

As for my little wants I doubt if I’ll actually ever live that life of the promiscuous and careless but if any of my readers knows something about it please feel free to educate a sister. Cause in as much as I would love to live that life just to understand how you can sleep with yourself at night I won’t do it. When I was a little girl I also wanted a bicycle and my awesome parents bought me a mountain bike. Two weeks down the line I fell off real bad from my bike and I don’t like riding anymore. That shows that not all you want is good for you and as Sylvia Plath said “I desire the things that will destroy me in the end”. 

So dear reader help me answer my query. Is the grass truly greener on the other side? And if it is what manure and how much water do you put in the soil?

Oh I'm Velma by the way, the unqualified gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment