Friday 12 October 2012

SKIN DEEP


So I was just watching the clip to tear drops on my guitar by Taylor Swift and I looked at her laying there on a bed cuddling a guitar looking so utterly beautiful and lamenting that the guy of her dreams sees right through her like cellophane, when I realized that real beauty isn’t skin deep. That girl is so beautiful (no homo) yet she also laments of the cellophane syndrome coupled with lots of tears and lack of breath and I was thinking to myself kwani hakuna optica America? Coz that guy has to be blind not to notice such a gawjurz creation.

I know this post goes against the way of the shallow that I had sworn to live by (don worry siz just this once) but I have to inform the blogging world of my findings when it comes to this fleeting emotion called love. Love is deeper than the skin even Beyonce can tell you that (though I doubt that contract love but at least there was money. It’s deeper than skin). Please do not confuse your vocabulary. Attraction is not affection and lust is not love, repeat it if you may so as to get your facts right. At first I’ll be attracted to a hot guy but trust me physical attraction wears off. That’s when it will be put to the test and scale whether you have your vocabulary right.

Let me illustrate using the hottest guy in my class. Mnh mnh, the dude is so damn fine he makes us all go like uuuwwwiii babie. He is half Asian with awesome curly and bushy hair, a russet complexion, stubborn, pronounced and rather masculine features and I can’t describe his body since I haven’t seen it but in sure you can use imagination. So I’m sure you have this really hawt picture in your head. Now take that and add on this talents and abilities. He can sing, play the piano and guitar, swim competitively, he is also very smart above the fact that he is God fearing and really humble to a point of being shy.

I know, I know he is your dream guy so is he mine. So guy-x (I’m sure you are catching up with the code words) is every gal’s fancy in class and there is a group of really beautiful girls in class who have been showing interest in him but interestingly he has never reciprocated this interest. He however showed a fancy for a friend of mine from a different class who is not that strikingly beautiful but has a character and a half. One thing led to another and they were in a relationship. Damn those two really made an awesome couple. You could see them holding hands in the corridors and feeding each other at the mall, I know corny stuff but cute all the same.

What really shocked me was the knowledge that not even a half year down the line, my friend dumped him!! I know that just preposterous! If you dump guy-x whom do you want for crying out loud! Apparently guy-x was too meek for her. She sought a guy of adventure and adrenaline life not the meek, good guy-x. I know I should be happy that guy-x is back in market but I’m kinda of sad for him. He is too nice to be dumped.

If you think that’s fiction just look at Halle Berry. Who on earth cheats on such a fine woman! I know I’m also confused but I think I have one thing right: beauty doesn’t lie in the eyes of the beholder but in the heart of the beholden. Hehehe.

Oh by the way this is Velma, the unqualified beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment