Friday 18 January 2013

DON’T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT!



 The lecturer is late to come to class and I’m really troubled right now. Let me put it down easily for you so that you can comprehend. Never ever (even though he is the last man standing on earth) date your classmate or worse yet get an attaching relationship that will leave you drained once you get out of it. So let’s say, vaguely that I had this type of an unhealthy relationship with a guy in my class last semester and now that we are basically not talking to each other, it’s pretty draining for me. I get this moments when my heart beats on over drive when I get a hint of his voice circulating somewhere about class and I behave as if I have not heard a thing. Just now, he has announced something about the registering for units and I am more than ecstatic because I have already registered so I don’t have to go around him any time soon.

Just the other day, the lecturer gave us something to discus in class and she told us to turn to the desk adjacent to ours. Hell! He was on that bench! Lucky for me, the bench in front of ours defiled the lecturer and turned to our desk. If not, I would have been forced to exchange those weird attempts of small talk that never really work out.

I also get these moments when I look about class just lazing, you know, letting your mind wander or simply scanning the class for the guy whom I had given my notes then our eyes kind of meet and I feel as if my heart wants to chuck from my rib cage! I mean literally chuck from it through my mouth before I hurriedly look away as if my eyes have been burnt. If that’s not enough, I get these heat flushes the moments he participates in class. All this blood rushes so close to my skin I can hear it in my ears and I feel as if the air conditioning just broke down sometime in January. Trust me it’s not a pretty feeling.
Nowadays I always get in class when the lecturer has arrived and chuck as soon as he says bye. I abstain from hanging with our previous crowd (thank God for the library!) I just go there to be alone in the name of assignments and study when the real reason is the fact that I don’t want to see him. As I type this, I’m praising the heavens since this is my last semester and I’ll be off to do my degree. Then, I’ll be wiser with how to deal with guys-never get attached at least not to any of your classmates! Now I know!
I’m Velma btw. The unqualified school girl!


                               


No comments:

Post a Comment