Monday 14 January 2013

TEXT OF THE SEASON


I love text messages coz they are just so creative. This Christmas I got a variety of interesting texts including one that sent me m-mbuzi via mpesa and told me to retrieve it at any butchery. My favorite although was one that started like a normal holiday special corny text ‘I’m wishing you peace love and good health this Christmas and in the new year blah blah blah(the Dracula way) f&%# that shit! I wish you lots of mad sex, alcohol, love and win the f%$@ing lottery in 2013!’ First I was like what? Then I was like huh? Then I took it slow stopped judging him and realized that among all the people who had texted me their holiday wishes none of them was quite as honest (and also lets face it, no one else wished me luck in the lottery which I don’t participate in but I still appreciate the gesture)

My sister hates the festive season because everyone around her is just so freaking happy for no reason in particular, my mum doesn’t like them because everyone comes visiting and that means more kitchen work for her, my father doesn’t like hem coz hey mean spending his hard earned cash. I think the only person in the whole house who really enjoys the festive season in my 10 year old sister.  She gets to travel, eat good, get visited by the cousins who make a nursery in the house and above all get dotted upon with a potpourri of gifts.
Most people, even though they kind of enjoy themselves don’t exactly love Christmas and he new years so I was wondering why is it that there seems to be no one with the guts to say so? Maybe it’s the society we live in, who knows? Maybe I’m also a coward like you. Or maybe I actually do like Christmas it’s just that I don’t have the balls to declare it. Who knows?
In Velma by the way. The unqualified texter.

No comments:

Post a Comment