Wednesday 23 January 2013

I LOVE CARTOONS!!!!!!!!!!


Sometimes I look at my younger sister and pity her coz she missed the classics. If you are somewhere between 16 and 25 you know exactly what I mean by the classics. Justice league, batman and robbinhood, superman, Spiderman were among the pioneering classics. I distinctly remember when I was in class 3 I would hurry home on Thursdays because KTN was airing justice league. That cartoon was a classic, if you are with me say aye! The whole coming together of superman, green lantern, batman, flash, wonder woman, fly girl and that other green guy who could walk through stuff (yea I think those are all of them) was a blast!

If that wasn’t enough, I remember brace face, Kim possible, sixteen and the proud family. It’s accurate to say that those cartoons raised me up. They have contributed a big deal to the person I am today. They were real, creatively built around a plot that would not only interest children but also teens and young adults. After a while though, KTN got phased out and we all moved to cartoon network. True fact-I had crammed ben 10 episodes by heart and no one could beat me while reciting Jonny Test reruns. Cartoon network had some awesome shows like Lazlo, squirrel boy, secret Saturdays, star wars-the clone wars and so many more. Nowadays however, it has watered down its awesome shows to ben 10 and a lot of other cartoons that look as if they were drawn by 3 yr. olds.

KTN in the other hand is trying to keep it real by bringing nice shows like phenius and ferb, angel friends and farhat but still at the end of the day the originality of the classics when it comes to cartoon and animation shows has been eroded over time and now I’m wondering, what shows will my kids watch? I pity the coming generation.
I’m Velma btw, the unqualified cartoonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment